During pregnancy, a range of medical tests and clinical examinations are used to evaluate the fetus’s health and growth. These tests are necessary in addition to monitoring the health of the mother-to-be. One such prenatal test is amniocentesis. This test can identify and diagnose a variety of chromosomal disorders. Dr. Mamta Phogat is a highly skilled and experienced fetal medicine expert in Faridabad who does amniocentesis tests in Faridabad.
Your obstetrician may offer this test to gain crucial information about the health of your unborn baby.
If you’re interested in understanding more about this test, keep reading this article from the Best Fetal Medicine Specialist in Faridabad.
What is an amniocentesis test?
Your baby is surrounded by amniotic fluid within your uterus. During an amniocentesis test, a fluid sample is removed from your uterus to analyse your baby’s cells and other components. The findings of the test will give your doctor crucial information about your health, genetic composition, and maturity level.
This test can detect a variety of genetic abnormalities in a fetus. Sickle cell anemia and Down syndrome can both be identified with this test.
When and why this Test is Important?
- An amniocentesis test is not required during pregnancy. It’s a clinical exam that you may take if you want to. In some cases, a prenatal care professional or an OB-GYN will recommend this test.
- Several screening tests (blood tests and USG tests, for example) appear to be abnormal or unsatisfactory.
- This form of testing is dubious, and the results are meaningless in establishing the health state of your baby.
- Amniocentesis can be performed to diagnose a specific health issue in children who already have it.
- It’s conceivable that one or both of you (you or your spouse) has a family history of a genetic disorder like Tay-Sachs disease or sickle cell anaemia.
- You’re over 35 and want to make sure your age won’t have an impact on your baby’s health and genetic condition.
How often is the Test performed during Pregnancy?
The best time to do an amniocentesis test is between weeks 16 and 20 of your pregnancy. Your doctor, on the other hand, may recommend that this test be performed as soon as possible after you give birth if he or she believes it is essential. It is not suggested before week 15 since it may increase the chance of miscarriage.
Dr. Mamta’s Fetalkare Clinic is the finest place to get amniocentesis tests in Faridabad. Dr. Mamta Phogat is a skilled and experienced doctor who can give you with the finest possible treatment. Please contact Dr. Mamta Phogat for more information.